November 11, 2020
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick + 1 tablespoon butter, cold
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Pura Vida Blanco Tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Cut the cold butter into rough ½-inch cubes. Scatter on top of the flour and pulse just a couple times to evenly disperse the butter.
- In a small bowl, stir together the egg, vinegar, and water. While streaming the liquids in, pulse the machine. The dough will appear very crumbly. Once the liquid has been incorporated, squeeze the mixture in your hands; if it holds together, you are set. If not, sprinkle with a few more drops of water and pulse a couple more times.
- Dump out the dough and form into a rough disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, peel and slice apples into 1-inch pieces, place in large bowl, and toss with lemon juice.
- In smaller bowl, combine dark brown sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch, and whisk to combine. Add tequila and stir until combined completely.
- Pour sugar mixture over apples and use your hands to coat thoroughly.
- Pre-heat the oven to 385.
- Roll out the dough to ¼-inch thickness. Place the dough on a parchment-lined sheet tray. Arrange the apples in the center of your dough, leaving 1 ½ inches surrounding the apples, and fold this up on top of them, pleating as you fold so it securely encases the fruit.
- Brush the top of the crust with cream and sprinkle with brown sugar over the crust and the fruit.
- Chill the galette in the freezer for 15 minutes before baking. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.