Movie nights and Netflix premieres call for popcorn, but not just any popcorn — tequila-spiked caramel corn. The booze coated treat is sweetened with agave nectar and made extra crunchy with roasted peanuts. Time spent snacking on the couch will never be the same.
- 16 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pura Vida Blanco Tequila
- In a pot over medium heat, mix brown sugar, butter, agave and corn syrup to make caramel syrup. Then, toss in salt and stir.
- Boil for 4 minutes on medium, stirring occasionally to keep the bottom from burning.
- Add in tequila and baking soda, and stir.
- In a bowl, mix popcorn and peanuts.
- Then, pour tequila-caramel syrup over popcorn. Make sure to coat popcorn evenly.
- Lay coated popcorn on a baking sheet and bake at 250°F for one hour.
- Once done, let it cool slightly and serve.